Consider Apple's iPad as that one studious kid who tries to work hard and reminds the teacher of the homework given the day before. However, because he puts in a lot of effort, it is easier for other kids to see when they don't do their tasks. Similarly, as with Apple's iPad, cybercriminals and competing software continue to target it. However, you can protect yourself from all of the missiles fired at you and ensure that your efforts go for naught by using a VPN.
You need to be sure you're connecting with a trustworthy VPN partner rather than a wolf in sheep's clothing because you'll find more unreliable iPad VPNs than secure ones. To assist you in this endeavor, we've compiled a summary of the most reliable iPad VPN connections, as well as their privacy features.
Only the best security tools can be used with the best software, like iOS. A VPN is a good tool to use on an iPad.
How to Choose the Best VPN for iPad?
You've probably heard the saying, “tiny drops make up a big ocean.” A VPN takes basic features that may not appear to be all that important on their own and transform them into an advanced security tool capable of fighting against a variety of privacy concerns. Here are some of the features to look for if you want to make your iPad more useful:
- Avoiding latency difficulties is an essential concern for you as a user. Our top-rated VPNs can deliver lightning-fast speed and limitless bandwidth to eliminate lag so that you can enjoy your online experience without being delayed or restricted in any way!
- Protection from malware and phishing has never been easier or more convenient. This guide will assist you in understanding how to avoid becoming a victim of these types of scams and identify indicators that you've become a target. -> Security has never been simpler or more convenient than it is with our VPN for iPad app.
- Bypass geographic restrictions – Your iPad VPN must be capable of hiding and modifying your IP address to access blocked services, such as Netflix US, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and other platforms.
- Connections are allowed simultaneously: the more links, the better. As a result, you'll need an iPad VPN with at least five simultaneous connections.
- What's better than a secure iPad VPN connection? The claim is that the iPad VPN connection is relatively simple. Ensure that your iPad VPN includes a dedicated app that you can have into your iPad apps for an excellent browsing experience.
You can choose a reliable iPad VPN to ensure a safe and unrestricted internet connection by considering these features.
What is the Best VPN for an iPad?
Now that you know the essential criteria for the finest iPad VPN, you may research and select your preferred option. However, if you want to avoid the headache, here is a list of tried-and-true VPNs that will work well with your iPad and improve your online experience.
1 – CyberGhost VPN
CyberGhost VPN contradicts the idea of “you get what you pay for” since it provides a wide range of features, even if you're on a tight budget. CyberGhost's security is unassailable, as demonstrated by the following iPad security features:
- AES 256-bit cipher
- iOS compatible protocols including OpenVPN, IKEv2, and WireGuard
- A safe jurisdiction within Bucharest, Romania
- Strict no-logs policy along with consistent transparency reports
- Instant kill switch along with DNS and IP leak protection
CyberGhost VPN is a good choice for iPads because it has security and entertainment features.
- Server filters that facilitate streaming and torrenting
- bypass geo-restrictions from several platforms, including Netflix, Disney+, BBC iPlayer, HBO Max, Spotify, ESPN, etc.
- 90 Mbps speed when connected to a local 100 Mbps network
CyberGhost VPN supports most iOS devices running with version 13.0 or later. CyberGhost VPN enables you to establish seven simultaneous connections on several iPads.
2 – NordVPN
When it comes to combining security and entertainment, NordVPN takes the lead due to its effectiveness in integrating both. Its specialty servers are a great illustration of this marriage since they can break geo-restrictions while also offering unrivaled encryption.
NordVPN offers features that keep your iPad private and secure, such as:
- 256-bit AES encryption
- iOS compatible protocols including IKEv2, OpenVPN (UDP/TCP), and NordLynx
- A specific jurisdiction within Panama
- Iron-clad log policy that is backed by a log audit report
- Double VPN feature that offers double encryption and dual server data routing
Aside from privacy and security, the following characteristics of an iPad make NordVPN a formidable competitor in the entertainment sector:
- Unblock streaming platforms such as Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, Spotify, etc.
- Special P2P servers for secure torrenting.
- 92Mbps speed when connected to a local 100Mbps network.
NordVPN is compatible with iOS devices running version 11.0 or later, including the newest iPhone XS Max and Apple Watch Series 4. NordVPN also supports connecting up to six devices with a single account so that you can share your connection with your family and friends.
3 – Surfshark VPN
Surfshark VPN features a wide range of security and entertainment alternatives, allowing you to enjoy the best of both worlds. Surfshark VPN also has features such as Bypasser and CleanWeb that will enable you to tailor your iPad's online experience.
Some of the security features that make Surfshark VPN a good choice for iPads users include:
- AES 256-bit encryption
- A safe jurisdiction within the British Virgin Islands
- Multi-Hop function for encrypting and routing your data twice
- A rigorous no-logging policy backed up by a log audit report
- iOS compatible protocols including Shadowsocks, OpenVPN, IKEv2/IPsec, and WireGuard
- Camouflage Mode
Surfshark VPN is a good choice for people who want to watch entertainment content online. It has features that make it easy to stream TV shows and movies.
- Numerous dedicated P2P servers
- Unblock several geo-restricted platforms such as Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, ITV Hub, etc
- 94Mbps when connected to a local 100 Mbps network
- NoBorders mode
iPads with 64-bit architecture, including versions 10.3.3 and later, are supported by Surfshark VPN. Furthermore, because Surfshark VPN allows you to make an unlimited number of simultaneous connections along with unrestricted bandwidth, it's a joy to use for establishing a shared VPN connection.
4 – ProtonVPN
ProtonVPN is one of the few VPNs that work well with an iPad. Through features such as:
- AES-256 bit encryption
- Secure iOS compatible encryption protocols such as OpenVPN, IKEv2, and WireGuard
- A secure Swiss jurisdiction
- It follows a relatively strict no-logs policy with independent audits of every app.
- DNS and IPv6 leak protection
However, while privacy and security are essential goals for ProtonVPN, the app can also assist you with other things. With its numerous features, ProtonVPN may provide entertainment to its customers through the following services:
- You may also use VPN to watch content from any other country. You can even access blocked sites like Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, BBC iPlayer, etc.
- Netshield is a program that blocks ads from popping up while browsing the internet.
- The VPN accelerator feature can increase your VPN speeds by 400% or more, so you can stream, download, and browse quickly.
Setting up ProtonVPN on your iPad is straightforward, and you may do it through the website or the Apple Store. Furthermore, you can install a widget by downloading the app from the VPN's numerous choices.
5 – ExpressVPN
NordVPN is one of the few iPad VPNs that delivers on its promises. In most cases, you may think you're getting a great bargain. No other VPN comes close to matching NordVPN's simplicity of use and security since it has the most user-friendly and well-equipped interface and rotates IP addresses every day.
ExpressVPN is an ideal choice when it comes to privacy and security features for iPads, such as:
- Military-grade 256-bit encryption
- iOS compatible protocols including Lightway, OpenVPN, L2TP/IPsec, IKEv2, PPTP, SSTP, and WireGuard
- A secure jurisdiction within the British Virgin Islands
- A rigorous no-logging policy backed up by a log-audit report.
- Automated kill switch along with DNS and IP leak protection
ExpressVPN is a reliable tool for entertainment in iPads because it offers features like:
- RAM servers in 160 locations
- Unblock streaming platforms such as Spotify, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, BBC iPlayer, Disney+, HBO Max, Hulu, etc.
- 91Mbps when connected to a local 100 Mbps network
- Broad P2P compatibility to facilitate torrenting
ExpressVPN works with all iOS devices that run version 11.0 or later. You may also take advantage of ExpressVPN's five-connection limit, which allows you to stream on numerous devices without interruption.
6 – VyprVPN
VyprVPN includes an interactive map specifically for the iPad that allows you to quickly search servers, as well as view network ping rates. You can tailor it to your liking; nevertheless, you may connect it straight from your home screen.
VyprVPN is the best choice for iPad users regarding privacy and security. This is because it offers unmatched features by any other VPN service.
- A safe jurisdiction within Switzerland
- Private server network and DNS servers
- iOS compatible VPN protocols including Chameleon, WireGuard, IPsec, and OpenVPN
- 256-bit SSL encryption
- A log-audit report that complies with its no-logs policy
Although VyprVPN was not built with entertainment in mind, it offers several features that make streaming and torrenting easier on iPads, such as:
- Anonymous P2P file sharing
- unblock geo-restricted content on platforms such as Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, BBC iPlayer, Hulu, HBO Max, etc.
- 83 Mbps download speed when connected to a local 100 Mbps network.
VyprVPN is compatible with all iOS devices running iOS version 10.0 or later. VyprVPN works with all iOS versions, including the most recent iPhone XS Max and Samsung Galaxy Note 9, as well as iPad Pro.
Do I Need a VPN on My iPad?
Most of the time, it isn't a factor when choosing a VPN because all of your devices are vulnerable to internet dangers. However, Apple has been a target for several cybercriminal organizations and has improved its privacy protections. To use your iPad in a foreign country, you must connect to a VPN.
Your internet connection will be restricted considerably if you don't have an iPad VPN. You must get an iPad VPN if you wish to do the following things:
- Use encryption to keep your internet traffic private and anonymous.
- You can use a location spoofing tool to access websites or platforms that are restricted in your area.
- Avoid online censorship in restricted areas.
- Protect yourself from government-imposed surveillance.
- If you want to use your iPad in a way that requires specific capabilities, a VPN is necessary.
The main concern is, “what don't iPad VPNs do to alleviate your privacy worries?” Consider the iPad VPN as your sole warrior in the war against internet censorship and malware infections. The following are some of the features for which you may use an iPad VPN:
You can use a Virtual Private Network (VPN) to get around internet censorship in China and Iran. This will allow you to access the internet even in these restrictive environments.
Hide your browsing history and online activity from people who might be interested in it, such as your internet service provider, government, marketers, and surveillance organizations.
You can protect your privacy online by hiding your IP address from third parties.
By enforcing network security policies, you can protect your unsecured public WiFi connections from MITM attacks and malware threats.
You can use a VPN to unblock streaming platforms and access geo-restricted content. For example, you can use a VPN to watch Netflix US or BBC iPlayer.
Some reliable iPad VPNs also have features that improve your online experience, even if there are problems.
Apple understands that people need to connect securely and has built-in support for VPNs in iPads. In addition, you can manually set up security protocols, such as IKEv2/IPSec and L2TP/IPSec, through the VPN toggle in the Settings app.
However, these limited security features cannot compare to the enhanced security and performance of a VPN.
Apple's dedication to consumer privacy is praiseworthy, and it deserves recognition, but an iPad VPN provides a better user experience.
It's impossible to avoid being drawn to free iPad VPNs. Who wouldn't want to have a simple solution for an intimidating issue? But do you believe that simply downloading a VPN will provide you with anything of value? It would be best if you made a good choice for a VPN so that you can reap the benefits.
A virtual private network (VPN) is useless if it isn't secure, but some of the features of free VPNs negate their usefulness. For example:
Compared to a premium iPad VPN, a free iPad VPN will most certainly lack any encryption and even less secure protocols. Consequently, your personal information and online activity are more vulnerable to attack.
Several free iPad VPNs on the market use intrusive advertisements or even sell user data to surveillance organizations or marketers to profit.
Users are generally restricted to only one device VPN connection or a limited bandwidth when using a free iPad VPN service.
As the owner of your internet activity, you are equally responsible for ensuring that it is as secure as possible. Furthermore, iPads are playing their part in allowing you to achieve complete online anonymity. All you have to do now is compromise a little with your selection of a top-notch encrypted premium iPad VPN.
Several aspects of the iCloud Private Relay make it more suited to proxy services rather than virtual private networks. There are a few features on which the iCloud Private Relay lacks that a VPN can fill.
It's only compatible with Safari. You may feel safe from third parties if your surfing activity is restricted to Safari. However, once you step outside the facility to use another program, you become a target for all the hungry sharks (cybercriminals) lurking out there. But don't worry because an iPad VPN tries to accomplish precisely that.
In terms of speed, NordVPN is slightly slower than an iPad VPN. The iCloud Private Relay transmits your data across two independent servers before sending it on its way to your final destination. However, because most iPad VPNs only use one server, they can quickly encrypt and process your data.
Your virtual position will not be alterable. The iCloud Private Relay service does not enable you to access geo-restricted material, as you had hoped. It just gives you a single IP address that indicates the country where you are now residing.
How to set up a VPN on an iPad?
Setting up an iPad VPN is a quick and straightforward operation, as iPads have built-in support. Follow the steps below to establish your iPad VPN connection in only ten minutes:
Start by subscribing to a VPN service by going to its website. Download the VPN application from their website or, for iOS users, search for it in the App Store.
If the VPN you're using offers a dedicated app, tap on “Get” to start the installation. Launch it by tapping on its icon after you've installed your VPN software. To finish the sign-in procedure, input your login credentials.
If you have trouble connecting to a VPN, double-check that your iPad is connected to the same network as your phone. If you're still having trouble, take a look at our guide on how to use OpenVPN on Apple devices. When prompted, click “Allow.” Then type in your password for verification.
You've now finished the installation of your VPN on your iPad. You may now choose your favorite protocols, servers, and settings to fit your VPN demands.
On the other hand, an iPad alone cannot match a VPN's wide range of capabilities. A VPN and an iPad, on the other hand, hit all of the right notes and provide robust security, entertainment, and ease-of-use system. Consider this combination a user's fantasy come true owing to its utility in every online activity.